I have been watching the news quite regularly over the past several weeks. I have taken a great interest in this Presidential race, maybe more so than Bush-Gore & Bush-Kerry. Am I in a minority? I don't think so.
This is the most historic election to ever take place in the United States. On one side, we have the first black man on a major party ticket; on the other, the first female on a conservative ticket. I love America!
I despise the media! Over the past several weeks, the news outlets have shown their true colors as vultures! You can put lipstick on a vulture. . . I can totally understand where a VP candidate gets scrutinized by the mere fact they are next in line for the Presidency. History knows America has relied on the VP pick to lead the country on several occasions. Now by the mere fact that the lead on the ticket is 72 years old, a greater potential exists something could happen to incapacitate the President and the VP is called upon to lead the country. Does this justify hacking e-mail accounts? Does this justify cheap shots at a pregnant daughter? Does this justify a trumped-up scandal? Does this justify greater scrutiny on the female than the male counterpart? I DON'T THINK SO!!
Many years ago laws were enacted that enforced truth in advertising. Perhaps this is could be used as corner stone precedence to enact a truth in media laws. I truly believe America is on the verge of electing a candidate based on lies, just like Kerry nearly getting elected as a Bush protest (50% of Kerry's vote was a hate vote for Bush). Is this the only way a Democrat can get elected? John Kennedy should be rolling in his grave in knowing what has become of his party.
I believe people should know about Obama's association with known a terrorist. Or how about his gaping lack of any sort of experience (I doubt experience would be a question if Obama was second on the ticket)? Or lack of substance aside from bashing Bush, his opponent, or the VP opponent? What about Biden saying that Hillary would have made a better VP pick? Doesn't this undermine Obama's decision making ability? Why isn't this in the news? If there was any truth in the media, McCain would be way ahead--remember Reagan-Carter? The media has picked their candidate, but they have not picked mine! All I have to say to the media is: Shut-up and report!
This is what I think McCain should start doing. I believe McCain needs to start painting the picture of the 'McCain Nation' just like Kennedy's "Camelot". A couple weeks ago, McCain started talking about what his cabinet would look like. I think he should continue this track. And here's why: People want to be able to see what the future holds and painting the picture of the McCain Nation maybe what seals the deal; the economy, social issues, foreign policy, Iraq, etc.
McCain is the true elder, wiser statesman. I think he needs to project that persona as a means to up the level of trust with the voters. On the converse, McCain also needs to cut Palin loose to ground and pound on Obama & Biden. McCain takes the higher road while Palin distracts and attacks. McCain talks on issues as Palin becomes the attack dog; you know, Sara 'The Bit Bull' Palin!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment