Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Long Time Comming

Who am I? My name is Pete. I am a full time Guardsman. I grow up in Minnesota with large Christian family. I joined the military in 1998 and I have been to Europe, Iraq, and have either visited or lived in nearly half the continental United States. **BE ADVISED: what I say on this blog no body's thoughts but my own!** However, I do reserve the right to use quotes to support my thoughts and my reasoning for them.

This is something I have always wanted to do--publish my thoughts. I have often thought and often been told that my thinking is a little crazy or off the wall at times. So please let me know if what I write is either of the above or if I am completely nuts or if I strike the nail squarely on the head. I can take constructive criticisms.

What will you see on this blog? The intent I have for this blog is a bit of a stress release, promote things I believe in, and share just random thoughts. You may see Top-5 or Top-10 lists from time time. These lists may relate to anything from the WWE to Politics to Music to Social Issues. Be advised: I am a conservative and I will not hide the fact this blog most likely won't be 'fair and balanced'. However, I will try to present both sides. For example, one of the first things I want write about is the Acts of True Class by our Presidential Candidates in this campaign season. This will include both sides for I believe people should be commended for doing the right thing.

Acts of True Class in the Presidential Campaign
--John McCain: Releasing the TV commercial congratulating Barack Obama on his historic nomination to a major party presidential ticket.
--Barack Obama: Acknowledging and paying respects to John McCain's military service and service to America in his acceptance speech during the DNC.
--John McCain: Postponing major convention speeches on the first night of RNC in order to keep focus on issues relating Hurricane Gustav.
--BarackObama: Heading off personal attacks on Sara Palin by telling his campaign people that family is off limits.
--John McCain: During McCain's RNC acceptance speech, he made a statement in reference to Obama to the sounds of 'we, as Americans, have more in common than not.' (note: single quote marks are used because this may not be a direct quote.)

If you have any others from either side please respond.





No comments: