The votes are totaled and America made it's choice. Forgive me for being a little sore, but I am holding my congratulations until I see how Obama leads. The Electorate shows a landslide for Obama, but the raw popular numbers show this election was NOT a blow-out. I have to admit I am surprised the margin wasn't more, why? Because Obama out-spent McCain 4-1, the media is in Obama's pocket, and he never gave a definitive answer on anything important. I don't think Obama's challenge is not to reach out; the challenge is to gain our conservative trust.
As a person in the military, I am nervous! I have already heard that Barny Frank is proposing military budget cuts up to 25%. I am not concerned about job security, my concern is national security. You know, the 'thing' that Clinton degraded allowing Sept 11, 2001. (I don't care what anyone says, Bill Clinton has the blood of 9-11 on his hands!!!) Anyway, I digress.
I believe, even though John McCain lost last night, he will continue to serve as a hell-raising senator; by that, he will still serve nation, not just Arizona.
Now what about George W. Bush? He got screwed!!! The Dems demonized him; the liberal media neutralized his presidency; and Hollywood liberal progressives marginalized him. Yet, are we better off now than we were 8 years ago? YES! We had a strong economy until just months ago. Are we more safe that we were 8 years ago? We have taken the fight to the terrorists on there ground rather than ours. Where's the attack everyone was talking about after 9-11? I truly believe that in 5 to 10 years the verdict will be handed down in a historical perspective. GW will be looked at as an unpopular president in his last years, but over all he will be seen as at least a good president.
I hope Sara Palin sticks around. She is one, I believe may lead the next conservative uprising. Palin/Rice 2012?
God Bless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment